Careers at ServiceCentral
Software Customer Support Technician
RepairQ is looking for an experienced individual who is able to provide in-depth support over the phone, to respond to and manage support tickets, and to adapt quickly to various information systems. Responsibilities will include working alongside team members to provide customer service, the handling of billing information, and communication with the development team to solve problems.
- Answer Support Calls
- Follow a simple script and set of procedures for handling support requests. Learn how to answer technical questions related to the software, and manage customer expectations.
- Manage Support Tickets
- Manage the flow of support tickets. Proactively respond to and keep the customer informed regarding their requests. Provide answers and solutions to customer requests or assign tickets to the appropriate team members. Take responsibility for getting the best support possible for our customers – keep track of and follow up with ticket assignments to ensure requests are resolved in a timely manner.
- Maintain Customer Billing
- Understand billing system, customer accounts, subscriptions, and coupons. Assist customers with changing monthly subscription or updating payment method on file. Contact customers with past due balances in order to collect payment.
- Be the customer’s advocate
- Make sure our customers are heard and get the support they need to be successful. Engage customers with empathy and try to see things from their perspective. Learn about the industry and what works for customers so you can offer insightful real-world solutions. Kill trolls with kindness.
- Help build and improve the RepairQ support team
- Document frequently asked questions and solutions to unique scenarios. Identify any inadequacies in the support process, and document or design new policies, procedures, training. Develop solutions and strategies to improve customer satisfaction through documentation, training, feature requests, bug fixes.
- Basic phone etiquette, good listener, good written communicator, an aptitude for software troubleshooting and technical understanding are basic requirements for the position.
- Strong preference will be given to candidates with previous tech support, retail sales, daily retail operations, or customer service experience.
- Previous software support or software development experience is also a plus but not required.
- Bilingual in Spanish or French is a plus.
Privacy and Security
- ServiceCentral respects the privacy of our employees, customers, and partners and is committed to protect information from internal and external threats. Information technology systems and data are valuable assets which are essential in supporting ServiceCentral’s strategic objectives. Effective information security management is critical in order to ensure the successful enablement and delivery of business functions and services. ServiceCentral is committed to preserving the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all physical and electronic assets.
- Flexible telecommuting program (local only)
- Generous paid time off policy
- Health insurance and 401K
- Competitive compensation
Join Our Team
We believe in creating teams with purpose and forging successful career paths as we grow. If you are a hungry, independent thinker who values people and community, we want you on our team.